Whenever we’re driving together (it doesn’t matter if we’re on an ‘emergency’ snack run, or a four-hour road trip) our family rotates song selection responsibilities.
This way, we all get to hear something we like. (And, most importantly: it means we don’t have to listen to ‘I Don’t Care’ by Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber on repeat, which is what Crumb currently selects whenever his turn comes around).
At the moment, my favourite is ‘Get Back Up Again’ from the Trolls soundtrack. It puts me in such a great mood every single time, and makes me feel that I (like Poppy the troll) can take on anything.
I can’t resist belting it out – and I’m thrilled that my family is right there with me through every spectacular second of the 2:46 minute song.
Here are some of Crumb (9) and Nugget’s (6) top picks.
- (You guessed it) I Don’t Care, Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber
- Run Boy Run, Woodkid
- Stressed Out, Twenty One Pilots
- Every song on The Greatest Showman soundtrack
- Sucker, Jonas Brothers
- Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen
- All things Mamma Mia (they love the soundtracks from both movies)
- Blurry Face, Twenty One Pilots
- Do You Want To Build A Snowman, Frozen (I take on the role of door knocker, while Crub and Nugget (respectively) command Elsa and Anna’s speaking roles.)
- 7 Years, Lukas Graham
- The Trolls Soundtrack
- Shallow, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- Make Me Cry, Noah Cyrus ft. Labrinth (Nugget’s a big fan of the droplet sound effects.)
- Riptide, Vance Joy
- Me!, Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie
What are some of your favourite songs to belt out?